Several Vehicles Buried in Debris After Landslide Near Hemkund Sahib in Uttarakhand
Traffic on the Badrinath national highway is blocked as the flash flood in a canal breached the road at Govindghat.
Image for representation.
Gopeshwar: More than half a dozen vehicles came under the debris of a landslide at Govindghat on way to Hemkund Sahib in Uttarakhand's Gopeshwar district on Saturday morning.
District Disaster Management officer NK Joshi said there is no information yet about loss of lives in the incident.
Govindghat is the main halt en route to the Himalayan Sikh shrine of Hemkund Sahib.
Rescue teams and District Magistrate Swati Bhadouriya have rushed to the spot.
Traffic on the Badrinath national highway is blocked as the flash flood in a canal breached the road at Govindghat, Joshi said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Horrifying Video Shows Snake Latching onto Man's Head After He Taunts It
- Watch: Zoo Shares First Glimpse of Kiki, a Baby Red Panda
- Sonakshi Sinha Replies to People Trolling Her For Not Answering KBC Ramayan Question
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened