SGPC Bans Photography, Video Shoot Inside Golden Temple
The decision was taken to avoid any "disturbance" to the spiritual atmosphere inside the Golden Temple, an SGPC official said.
File image of Golden Temple. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Amritsar: The Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), which manages Sikh shrines, has banned photography and videography in the precincts of the Golden Temple here.
It has put a notice board in the marbled periphery of the Sikh shrine, prohibiting devotees to click photos and make videos, an SGPC official said.
The decision was taken to avoid any "disturbance" to the spiritual atmosphere inside the Golden Temple, the official said.
Devotees take selfies with the Golden Temple in the background. A large number of devotees visit the Golden Temple daily, the holiest Sikh shrine, to pay obeisance at the sanctum sanctorum.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Kapil Sharma Asks Fan to 'Fact Check' After Being Called Out for Disrespecting Women
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'
- Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor, Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's Weddings to Have This in Common
- Are Your Cable TV And DTH Subscriptions Set to Become More Affordable?