'She Could Have Been Saved, Police Wasted Precious Time': Family of Raped, Murdered Hyderabad Vet Tells NCW
The family members also said the police even alleged she had eloped with someone, NCW chief Rekha Sharma said.
New Delhi: The Hyderabad Police wasted precious time which could have been used to save life of the veterinarian who was brutally raped and murdered, her family told the National Commission for Women (NCW) on Saturday.
NCW chief Rekha Sharma said a team of the women's panel visited the veterinarian's family who told them that the police played a "negative role" in the case. The family members also said the police even alleged she had eloped with someone, Sharma said.
She also slammed Telangana Home Minister Mohammed Mahmood Ali's remarks on the victim, saying such politicians do not deserve such positions and need to be sensitised about the sensitive matter.
The 25-year-old veterinarian, whose charred body was found on the outskirts of Hyderabad, was raped before being killed, even as Ali stoked a controversy asking why she had not called police immediately.
Police said four people have been arrested in connection with the rape and murder, which has sparked a national outrage.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2019-20: NorthEast United FC vs Chennaiyin FC in Guwahati Postponed Due to CAB Protests
- Airtel Has Three New Prepaid Recharge Packs With Unlimited Voice Calls
- Google 2019 Trends: Kabir Singh to Avengers Endgame, Top 10 Movies of the Year
- Love Has 'Nose' Limits: Picture Of Two-Toed Sloths 'Taking It Slow' Goes Viral
- Google Top Trends 2019: Cricket World Cup Most Searched News Event in India