Sheena Bora Murder Case Accused Peter Mukerjea Released from Mumbai Jail after 4 Years
The release came after the six-week stay on the Bombay High Court order, granting the former media baron bail in the murder case, ended on Thursday and the CBI not moving an appeal before the Supreme Court.
File photo of Peter Mukerjea. (PTI photo)
Sheena Bora murder case accused Peter Mukerjea on Friday walked out of the Arthur Road prison here after spending over four years behind bars.
The release came after the six-week stay on the Bombay High Court order granting the former media baron bail in the murder case ended on Thursday with the CBI not moving an appeal before the Supreme Court.
That development had removed a major hurdle in the path of Mukerjeas release over four years after he was arrested in the case.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Stanford Couple Says 'I Do' in Make-Shift 'Wedding' with 5 Guests and amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- Nora Fatehi Started Working At Age Of 16, Says 'There Were Lot Of Financial Issues In My Family'
- Salman Khan Shares His Lockdown Experience, Says Hasn't Seen Family for 3 Weeks and is Terrified
- How Omar Abdullah Made Article 370 'Trend Again' After His Tweet on Coronavirus
- Kaka Chooses Lionel Messi Over Cristiano Ronaldo, Calls Argentine 'Genius, Pure Talent'