Signature Bridge Ruckus Case: AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan Gets Anticipatory Bail
It is directed that in the event of arrest, AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan shall be released on furnishing a personal bond or Rs one lakh and one surety of like amount to the arresting officer, the court said.
AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan.
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday granted anticipatory bail to AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan in a case lodged against him in connection with the ruckus at the inaugural function ofSignature Bridge.
Special Judge Arun Bharadwaj granted relief to Khan, saying that it was not a case where the custodial interrogation was required.
It is directed that in the event of arrest, the applicant (Khan) shall be released on furnishing a personal bond or Rs one lakh and one surety of like amount to the arresting officer, the court said.
It, however, directed Khan to join the investigation and not tamper with evidence or influence witnesses.
Three case were registered at New Usmanpur police station under North East district in connection with the incidents during the inauguration of Signature Bridge following complaints from Delhi BJP president Manoj Tiwari.
Adv Irshad, appearing for Khan, had moved the application for anticipatory bail saying the MLA feared that he will be arrested by the police.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ira Khan Shares Adorable Pictures with Dad Aamir Khan, Calls Him Couch-Buddy
- Here is How Much The Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro And iPhone 11 Pro Max Will Cost
- Sunil Grover Finally Breaks Silence on The Kapil Sharma Show Comeback Rumours
- Woman Wakes up to Find She Swallowed 2.4-Carat Diamond Ring in Sleep in US
- Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched in India at Rs 11,999: Here's How it Works