SIT to Probe Death of IAS Officer in UP; Submit Report in 72 Hours
A Special Investigation Team (SIT) was constituted on Thursday to probe the death of Karnataka cadre IAS officer Anurag Tiwari, a native of Uttar Pradesh.
Representative photo.(GETTY IMAGES)
Lucknow: A Special Investigation Team (SIT) was constituted on Thursday to probe the death of Karnataka cadre IAS officer Anurag Tiwari, a native of Uttar Pradesh.
The SIT has been asked to submit its report within 72 hours, Senior Superintendent of Police Deepak Kumar told PTI.
"We have constituted a five-member SIT under Circle Officer Hazratganj to probe death of the young IAS officer," he said.
Asked to comment on the family members of the deceased alleging that it was a case of murder, Kumar said they have not given any application for registration of FIR yet.
"They (family members) told us that Anurag was not allowed leave by seniors in Karnataka but the police is probing the matter professionally, looking at all the angles," the SSP said.
The officer was found dead yesterday under mysterious circumstances on a roadside in the high-security Hazratganj area here, hardly a kilometre away from the Uttar Pradesh Assembly.
Recommended For You
- Barcelona Star Lionel Messi Overtakes Cristiano Ronaldo as Highest Earner
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro First Impressions Review: An All-Rounder With a Mammoth Battery
- Prince William Spends Some Time With Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 at Heads of Commonwealth Meeting 2018
- [Watch] OnePlus Has Come Out With The Coolest New 'Rap Trailer' For The OnePlus 6
- IPL 2018: Delhi Daredevils Look For Home Comfort Against In-form KXIP