Six Drown as SUV Plunges into Canal in Telangana's Suryapet
Police said that all the deceased were employees of a private hospital. They were on their way home in Hyderabad after attending a wedding function at Nadigudem near Kodad.
Hyderabad: Six people drowned as the vehicle in which they were travelling plunged into a canal in Suryapet district, a senior police official said on Saturday.
The accident occurred on Friday night. National Disaster Response Force teams retrieved the bodies.
The SUV rammed into a railing of a culvert at Munagala and slided into the brimming canal, he said.
All the deceased were employees of a private hospital. They were on their way home in Hyderabad after attending a wedding function at Nadigudem near Kodad, superintendent of police Bhaskaran said,
Other friends following in another vehicle saw the SUV plunging into the canal connected to Nagarjuna Sagar reservoir and alerted the locals, who, in turn, alerted the
The rescue operation could not be immediately taken up as the water was flowing fast and it was pitch dark, the police official said.
The bodies were being sent for postmortem, a local police official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Review: A Lot of Style And Even More Substance
- Christian Bale Opens-up on Why There Wasn't a 4th Dark Knight Film by Christopher Nolan
- Someone Started a Petition Asking PM Modi to Impose Section 144 on 'Noisemakers' on TikTok
- Matthew Perry Thinks the Joker Copied Chandler Bing's Iconic Dance Moves in 'Friends'
- U-17 Women's Championship: Lynda Kom Stars as Lionesses Thrash Tigresses to Win Title