Six Drown in Gujarat River While Bathing After Immersion of Lord Ganesh Idol
The bodies were fished out on Saturday morning by teams of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and local officials.
Ahmedabad: Six persons from a village in Gujarat drowned in a river while taking a bath after immersing an idol of Lord Ganesh, police said on Saturday.
The incident occurred on Friday evening at Khadol village in Dhansura taluka in Aravalli district.
"A group of people from Khadol village had gone to immerse an idol of Lord Ganesh in the Vatrak river on Friday evening. The incident occurred when they were bathing," a Dhansura police station official said.
He said the six people drowned apparently after they failed to gauge the depth of water. Their bodies were fished out on Saturday morning by teams of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and local officials.
The deceased are identified as Lalabhai Khant (35), Ajit Khant (18), Ashok Khant (43), Gopal Khant (23), Bhavesh Khant (18), and Kanubhai Khant (33), he added.
Recommended For You
- Ragnarok Director Taika Waititi Finally Reveals Who's the Real Star of Thor Love and Thunder
- Salman Khan Turns Chef, Makes 'Khichdi' and 'Raita' in New Bigg Boss 13 Promo
- Renault Kwid Electric Launched In China at Rs 6.22 Lakh, Gets 271Km Electric Range
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser