Six Haryana Policemen Suspended over Misbehaviour Complaint by Cow Vigilantes
The cow vigilantes alleged that the six policemen, including three constables, had misbehaved with them. The policemen too had accused the vigilantes of creating obstructions in discharge of their official duties.
Chandigarh: Six policemen, including a sub-inspector, were suspended in Haryana's Karnal over a complaint of misbehaviour with cow vigilantes.
Karnal SP Surinder Bhoria on Thursday said the cow vigilantes had alleged that the six policemen, including three constables, had misbehaved with them. The policemen too had accused the vigilantes of creating obstructions in discharge of their official duties, the SP said.
He said an inquiry had been marked and a DSP-rank officer had been asked to give a report within next two to three days.
"Till the inquiry is complete and entire picture becomes clear, the six policemen shall remain suspended. Further action in the matter will depend on the outcome of the inquiry report," Bhoria said over the phone.
Some reports said the cow vigilantes had accused the six policemen of assault and helping cow smugglers.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Seduce Each Other in What A Man Gotta Do Video
- Khatron Ke Khiladi 10 Promo Out, Rohit Shetty Welcomes Contestants To His ‘Darr Ki University’
- Horsing Around: Touristy Stallion Rides Bus Back Home after Being Found Wandering on UK Highway
- ISL 2019-20: Mumbai City FC Become 1st Team to do League Double Over Bengaluru FC
- FASTags Have Actually Increased Waiting Times at Toll Plazas; Be Prepared For Delays