Six Killed, 18 Injured in Accident on Lucknow-Agra Expressway
The deadly mishap took place at about 2am when a truck carrying pipes lost control and hit a divider.
Unnao: Six persons were on Thursday killed and 18 others injured when three vehicles were involved in an accident on the Lucknow-Agra Expressway in Mirzapur Ajigawan village here, police said.
The incident took place at about 2 AM when a truck carrying pipes lost control and hit a divider. As pipes got scattered on the Expressway, a bus coming from behind overturned and hit a car from the back.
Three women and two children were among those killed on the spot while 18 others were injured in the incident, Ciricle Officer, Bangarmau, Ambrish Bhadauria said.
The bus was going to Muzaffarpur in Bihar from Delhi, he said and added that attempts were on to identify the victims.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Mi Band Launched in India at Rs 2,299, First Sale on September 19
- 22 Years and Countless Battles Later, Ash Ketchum Has Finally Become a Pokémon Master
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022
- Liam Hemsworth Came to Know of Miley Cyrus' Decision to Split from Social Media
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma