Six-year-old Boy Falls into Borewell in Pune, Rescue Operation on
The incident took place around 4.45 pm on Wednesday when the boy was playing near the open borewell while his father, who is a labourer, was busy in the road construction work.
Image for representational purpose.
Pune: A six-year-old son of a road construction worker got trapped in a 200-feet borewell on Wednesday at a village in Ambegaon tehsil in Pune district, an official said.
A rescue operation has been launched to pull the boy out safely, the official said.
According to the NDRF team, the boy Ravi Pandit Bhill, got stuck at a depth of 10 feet in the 200-feet deep borewell in Thorandale village.
Police said the incident took place around 4.45 pm on Wednesday when the boy was playing near the open borewell while his father, who is a labourer, was busy in the road construction work.
An NDRF official said that the rescue team has started the excavation and the efforts are being taken to pull him out.
He also said that the boy is responding.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bose Frames Review: Music And More, These Are Not Your Standard Sunglasses
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 20 Written Update: Rashami Desai, Mahira Sharma and Asim Riaz Declared Safe
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right