Slapped by Son, 55-year-old Man Dies in Bengal's Purba Bardhman District
Sushanta Mallick tried to stop a fight between his son and daughter-in-law when the former allegedly slapped Mallick, who lost consciousness.When taken to a nearby healthcare centre, doctors declared him dead, police said.
Burdwan: A 55-year-old man died in West Bengal's Purba Bardhaman district on Sunday after being allegedly slapped by his son, police said.
Sushanta Mallick, a resident of Gopinathpur village in Raina police station area, tried to stop a fight between his son and his daughter-in-law. As he intervened, the son slapped Mallick who then lost consciousness, they said.
When taken to a nearby healthcare centre, doctors declared him dead, police said.
The incident led to a furore in the area with locals demanding stringent action against the son. However, police said no formal complaint has been lodged by the family.
Officials said the son has been detained and is being interrogated.
Further investigations are underway, they said, adding that the body will be sent for post-mortem on Monday.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Defends Sharing Workout Videos Amid Pandemic, Says 'It Keeps Ranveer & Me Going'
- I Have Been Making 'Dalgona Coffee' Since Childhood: Note from Not-a-Millennial to Instagram Influencers
- Dabboo Ratnani Shares Throwback Pic with Kiara Advani, Netizens Can’t Keep Calm
- SAI Hands Over JLN Stadium to Delhi Government for Use as Quarantine Facility Amid Coronavirus
- TRAI to Telcos: Extend Prepaid Validity So Users Get Uninterrupted Services Amid Virus Lockdown