Sodomised Maharashtra Boy Hangs Self, 14 Hostel Mates Arrested
Police officials said that the 14 hostel mates have been charged with abatement to suicide, unnatural sexual offences under sections of the Indian Penal Code and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
Image for representation purposes only
Nagpur: Fourteen students from a hostel in Maharashtra's Chandrapur were arrested on Tuesday for allegedly sodomising a Class 12 boy, who later committed suicide on January 18, police said.
The boy used to stay in the same hostel as the accused and his 18-page suicide note has detailed the sexual assaults perpetrated on him, a Chandrapur police station official said.
"He hanged himself in his Seva Dal hostel room on January 18. The 18-page suicide note was found on Monday. He has given explicit details of the sexual assaults after which we arrested the 14 boys staying in the same hostel as well as its watchman," he said.
They have been charged with abatement to suicide, unnatural sexual offences under sections of the Indian Penal Code and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, the official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Has Donald Trump Become 'LGBTQ Hero' Just Before His Visit to India?
- Leaked Pics from The Batman Sets Reveal First Look at Batsuit, Batcycle and Catwoman
- India vs Australia, FIH Hockey Pro League 2020 HIGHLIGHTS: Australia Edge India 4-3
- Reebok Zig Kinetica Review: When Inspiration From The Past Makes it All Worthwhile
- Mentally Unsound Man Poses as Doctor, Prescribes Medicines to Patients in Madhya Pradesh