Some Misguided Youth Pelting Stones in J&K, Others building Tunnels: PM Modi
After inaugurating the Chenani-Nashri tunnel, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a public rally in Udhampur and said while on the one hand, some misguided youngsters were pelting stones, some other youngsters from the same society constructed tunnels.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi speaks at rally in Udhampur. (Image: TV Grab/ CNN-News18)
Udhampur: After inaugurating the Chenani-Nashri tunnel, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a public rally in Udhampur and said, on the one hand, some misguided youngsters were pelting stones, while others from the same society constructed tunnels.
Before hitting out at stone pelters and neighbour Pakistan, and invoking former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee, PM Modi asked the attendees to switch on the flash of their phones and raise their hands.
In a lively speech, PM Modi paid attention to the youth of the valley in particular. Declaring the inauguration of the tunnel as a leap towards development, Modi said the youth in Kashmir had two choices. "On one side, you have tourism, and on the other, you have terrorism," he said.
In an apparent attack on Pakistan, Modi said: "Those across the border can't even take care of themselves. We want to show our fellow Kashmiris across the border how Kashmir progresses," he added.
Earlier in the day, PM Modi inaugurated India's longest road tunnel on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway, making it operational for traffic.
Recommended For You
- TaxiFabric Co-Founder Named in #MeToo List, Maintains Radio Silence
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4A Pro 49 Review: We Are Rubbing Our Eyes, This Just Cannot be Real
- Bigg Boss 12: Nehha Pendse is the First Celebrity to Get Evicted from the House
- Customized Maruti Suzuki Baleno With Premium Red Cabin is Hard to Recognize
- Bryan Adams Witnessed Something Unusual During His Performance in Gurgaon. Can You Spot it?