Some PMC Bank Depositors Dead, Others in Dire straits; Govt Does Not Care, Says Sitaram Yechury
Accusing the government of lying about the economic situation, Yechury alleged that public money was being used for 'PR'.
File photo of CPI(M) general secretary Sitaram Yechury.
New Delhi: CPI(M) general secretary Sitaram Yechury on Monday alleged that despite the PMC Bank depositors being in "dire straits", the government does not care about their plight, days after two deaths have occurred as a result of the crisis. So far, four depositors have lost their lives apparently due to the crisis.
"When the RSS/BJP govt waives off unpaid loans of the rich and gives super-rich tax bonanzas, it destroys banks and this has real consequences on ordinary lives. Another example of misery: PMC Bank depositors, some are dead, others in dire straits. RSS/BJP govt does not care," Yechury tweeted.
Accusing the government of lying about the economic situation, Yechury alleged that public money was being used for "PR".
"The BJP govt has been lying shamefacedly. It has destroyed the Economy and lives of millions of Indians. Tax revenues have crashed and public money is used for PR, tamashas and self-promotion. Further tax cuts for its rich cronies, after this shortfall? This is a scandal," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lata Mangeshkar is Stable and Getting Better, Don’t react to Rumours: Spokesperson
- Avantika Malik Shares Cryptic Post, Talks About 'Ideal Love'
- Photoshopped Image of Cricketer Smriti Mandhana with Lipstick and Fairer Skin Causes Outrage
- Moto Razr Returns With Flexible Flip Display, Snapdragon 710 SoC: Features, Price and More
- Move Over Chrome, Brave May Just be The Coolest Privacy Focused Browser You Need