Son, Daughter-in-law Kill 70-year-old Woman in UP, Then Dispose of Body in Canal
Premavati was allegedly killed by her son Satyanam and daughter-in-law Shanti Devi on October 22. Her younger son on October 30 filed a missing person complaint after which police started probing the matter, police said.
Image for representation.
Barabanki (UP): A 70-year-old woman was allegedly strangulated to death by her son and daughter-in-law, who then disposed of her body in a canal in Bhikharipur village here, police said on Sunday.
Premavati was allegedly killed by her son Satyanam and daughter-in-law Shanti Devi on October 22. Her younger son on October 30 filed a missing person complaint after which police started probing the matter, they said.
During investigation, Satyanam confessed to the crime and told police about the location of the body that was found on Saturday.
Police said Premavati was killed because of a land dispute with her son
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch Launched With a New Keyboard, Price Starts at Rs 1,99,900
- By Focusing on Premature Balding, Does Bala Make Light of the Issue of Colourism? Director Answers
- Jennifer Winget Plans to Rewrite Mahabharat with Beyhadh 2? Watch Promo
- Lata Mangeshkar Continues to be on Life Support, Condition Still Critical, Says Doctor
- KTM 390 Adventure First Look Review at EICMA 2019 – Watch Video