Son of Former Assam Cong Minister ‘Thrashes’ Woman, Surrenders After a Day
Zaman, who is the managing director (MD) of Hotel Grand Majesty allegedly thrashed an employee of a chain of budget hotels in the hotel premises that is situated in Hatigaon area of the city.
File photo of Nekibur Zaman, son of former Assam minister Nurjamal Sarkar.
Guwahati: Nekibur Zaman, son of former Assam minister Nurjamal Sarkar, has reportedly surrendered before the Basistha Police station after remaining absconding for a day in a case where he has been accused of thrashing a woman.
Zaman, who is the managing director (MD) of Hotel Grand Majesty allegedly thrashed an employee of a chain of budget hotels in the hotel premises that is situated in Hatigaon area of the city. The cause of Zaman’s anger was allegedly because the woman was seen sitting in a sofa in front of his chair.
CCTV footage reveals that the female employee was dragged and thrashed by Zaman at around 10am on Monday. Following the incident, the organization and the employee lodged a complaint under IPC sections 289 (negligent conduct), 448 (Punishment for house-trespass), 354 (Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 509 (Word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) and 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation) at Hatigaon police station.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar Share Vacation Pictures from Iceland
- Streaming Now: Krystle D'souza Turns Gold Digger in Fittrat, Amazon Prime's Modern Love is a Must-Watch
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it