Sonia Gandhi Condemns Delhi Violence, Condoles Death of Head Constable Ratan Lal
Expressing deep condolences over the death of head constable Ratan Lal, Gandhi also expressed solidarity with his family.
File photo of Sonia Gandhi. (Reuters)
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Monday appealed to the people of Delhi to maintain communal harmony and defeat "ill-intentioned" forces that seek to divide the country on the basis of religion. Expressing deep condolences over the death of head constable Ratan Lal, Gandhi also expressed solidarity with his family.
"There can be no space for violence in the land of Mahatma Gandhi, nor can there be any place in the country for forces that seek to impose their communal and divisive ideology on the people," the Congress leader said in a statement.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Sunil Grover Shares Video from Kapil Sharma Show, Says it Makes Him Emotional
- 'Virus Knows No Caste or Religion': Sadhguru's Message Against Hate amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- Man Lied about Coronavirus Symptoms to Meet Wife in Maternity Ward, Now She’s Sick
- Coronavirus Lockdown And Humans at Home Has Changed The Way Earth Moves, For The Better
- Candy Crush Saga Has Unlimited Lives as a Free Surprise For You This Week