Soon, Aadhaar to be Mandatory For School Exam in Uttar Pradesh
The UP Board of Secondary Education has made it compulsory for candidates to enter their Aadhaar number while filling out their examination form for Board exams.
File photo of Aadhaar card.
Lucknow: The UP Board of Secondary Education has made it compulsory for candidates to enter their Aadhaar number while filling out their examination form for Board exams.
The move is aimed at curbing dubious filing of forms and fraudulent registrations.
“The government wants to link with Aadhaar so that each student has an individual identity and fraudulent registrations for class IX and XI and dubious filing of forms for classes X and XII can be curbed,” said UPBSE secretary Shail Yadav.
“A valid Aadhaar number will leave no scope for fraudulent registration or impersonation in UP Board exams,” added Yadav.
Earlier, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath had issued a WhatsApp number for people to lodge complaints of any wrongdoing during examination procedures. UP is infamous for the cheating mafia, which according to officials comprised of self-financed colleges creating fake enrolments, in connivance with education officials.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Raps About Life in Shantytown in Gully Boy New Song Mere Gully Mein
- Cardiff Striker Emiliano Sala Feared Missing in Plane Crash: French Police
- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Heavily Trolled for Flaunting Holographic Outfit Copied from International Brand
- Samsung to Stop Making Flagship Phones in India, Protesting Phased Manufacturing Programme
- A Professor, Doctor and a Businessman Met on Twitter - Anonymously
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s