Soon After Giving Birth, Odisha Woman and Her Newborn Killed After Autorickshaw Collides with Truck
The woman and her newborn were killed and three others, including her husband, were seriously injured before the truck driver abandoned his vehicle on the road and fled the spot.
Image for Representation. (PTI)
Kendrapara (Odisha): A woman and her newborn were killed and three others, including her husband, seriously injured when an auto-rickshaw carrying them collided with a truck in Odisha's Kendrapara district on Saturday, a police officer said.
The woman, 25, was returning home from a hospital, where she gave birth to a girl on Friday, when the accident occurred around 8.30 am at Khamara Chowk on the Paradip-Daitary Expressway in Kendrapara Sadar police station area of the district, he said.
The truck driver abandoned his vehicle on the road and fled the spot, the officer said.
"Minati Mallick and her newborn died on the spot, while three others, including the husband and an ASHA worker, sustained serious injuries. They were taken to district headquarters hospital, where the doctors referred them to SCB Medical College & Hospital in Cuttack," he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Airtel V-Fiber Offers up to 1000GB Free Data & Plans Start at Rs 799
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Sara Ali Khan Gives Fans Yet Another Reason to Adore Her As She Clicks Selfie With Kids at Airport
- Deadpool Star Ryan Reynolds Just Broke Hearts of Marvel Fans Who Begged Him to Save Spider-Man
- Kia Seltos Launched in India, Gets Special Twitter Icon as a Red SUV