Southern States Can Use Old Stock of Crackers at 4am and 9pm, Says SC
The court said its direction on community bursting of firecrackers will apply pan India for two hours.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court clarified on Wednesday that firecrackers other than green crackers will not be sold in the Delhi-NCR region this festival season.
A bench of Justices A K Sikri and Ashok Bhushan said firecrackers already produced can be sold in this festival season only in other parts of the country.
In Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and other southern states, firecrackers can be burst from 4 am-5 am and from 9 pm-10 pm during festivals, the apex court said.
It said its direction on community bursting of firecrackers will apply pan India for two hours.
Its directions on the ban on sale of firecrackers through e-commerce websites will apply pan India, the court said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: When I Met Rashami She Was On Road With No Money, Says Arhaan Khan
- 'Fast and Furious' Vin Diesel and Daughter Similce Attend Premiere of Netflix Series
- Steve Harvey Goofed up Costume Winner at Miss Universe 2019 and Internet Had a Déjà Vu Moment
- 'Most Famous Refugee Family': Church Nativity Scene Shows Jesus, Mary & Joseph as Caged Immigrants
- Aamir Khan Shoots for Laal Singh Chaddha on Howrah Bridge