Just Days Ahead of Counting Day, SP And BJP Leaders Come to Blows During Live TV Debate
The two leaders reportedly scuffled during the debate at a news channel based in Noida's Sector 16-A, following which the BJP spokesperson lodged a complaint at the Sector 20 police station.
Photo for representation.
Noida: Samajwadi Party spokesperson Anurag Bhadoria and his BJP counterpart Gaurav Bhatia scuffled with each other during a live debate Saturday, with the police later taking the SP leader in custody.
Senior Superintendent of Police Ajay Pal Sharma said the two leaders scuffled during the debate at a news channel based in Noida's Sector 16-A, following which the BJP spokesperson lodged a complaint at the Sector 20 police station.
The SSP said Bhadoria was detained and the news channel has been asked to submit the video clip of the incident.
Bhadoria was later taken to Expressway police station after SP leaders and workers gathered at the Sector 20 police station, where he was earlier taken to.
Samajwadi Party MP Surendra Singh Nagar, who also reached the police station, alleged that Bhadoria was manhandled.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next Film on PM Modi's Youth; Akshay Kumar Unveils First Look
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma
- Nikon Z6 Review: A Strong Statement that Ably Rivals the Sony a7 III
- 22 Years and Countless Battles Later, Ash Ketchum Has Finally Become a Pokémon Master