SP Leader Shot Dead in Aligarh, Police Suspect Property Dispute
the deceased was a property dealer and was also the in-charge of Baroli assembly constituency from the Samajwadi Party.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: Unidentified gunmen shot dead a leader of the Samajwadi Party in Aligarh on Tuesday night. The deceased, identified as Rakesh Yadav, received bullet injuries in the head.
Yadav, a property dealer, was also the in-charge of Baroli assembly constituency from SP. He was on his way to home when the incident took place in Ahir Pada area, the ANI reported.
The police have registered a case and four people have been booked over suspicion. The prima facie evidence hints at property dispute, the police said. The investigation is underway.
(With inputs from ANI)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How a Wheelchair Taxi Service is Helping Specially-Abled Voters in Mumbai Reach Poll Booths
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved
- Water Baby Kim Sharma Sets the Temperature Soaring on Instagram, See Here
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Meets Pilot Who Built a 6-Seater Aircraft on His Terrace
- Indian Government Procures Hyundai Kona Electric SUV for Senior Officials