SpiceJet Plane With 47 on Board Overshoots Surat Airport Runway While Landing Due to Heavy Rain
The airport operations were suspended for the night following the incident, and three flights were diverted to Ahmedabad airport.
Image for representation. (Reuters)
Surat: A SpiceJet plane on Sunday overshot the runway while landing at the Surat Airport, although none of the passengers and crew members on board were hurt in the incident, an airport official said.
The incident, which occurred around 8.15pm, was a result of heavy rain and wind, the official said.
“A SpiceJet flight from Bhopal to Surat overshot runway at the airport here due to heavy rainfall and wind. All the 43 passengers and four crew members are safe and they are being handled by the SpiceJet officials,” Surat airport director SK Panigrahi said.
The airport operations were suspended for the night following the incident, and three flights were diverted to Ahmedabad airport, he said.
Recommended For You
- ICJ Orders Pakistan To Grant Consular Access To Kulbhushan Jadav
- Vidya Balan Rocks 'Desi' Look, Imparts 'Shastron Ka Gyan' in Hilarious Video
- People are Using FaceApp's Aging Filter to Compare Selfies with Photos of their Parents
- BS-VI Fuel Available at Same Cost as Regular Fuel in Delhi, Prices set to Increase in April 2020
- US Lawmakers Call Facebook's Cryptocurrency Plan Crazy And Delusional After Senate Hearing