Spurious Liquor Claims Five Lives in West Bengal
Five persons have died and several others admitted to hospital over the last three days after they consumed spurious liquor in West Bengal's South 24 Parganas district, a police officer said on Tuesday.
Baruipur (WB): Five persons have died and several others admitted to hospital over the last three days after they consumed spurious liquor in West Bengal's South 24 Parganas district, a police officer said on Tuesday.
Unofficial sources however, put the death toll at 11. The incident occurred at Gholabazar in Baruipur, the officer said.
The manufacturer of the spurious liquor was also among the dead, Superintendent of Police, Baruipur Police District, Arijit Sinha said.
People were taken ill soon after consuming the hooch on Sunday night and rushed to various hospitals where the deaths occured, the police officer said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan to Announce Two Films on His 54th Birthday?
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now
- Here's How WhatsApp Dark Mode, Self-Destructing Messages Will Work