Spurious Liquor Consumption Kills 2 in Uttarakhand Village Days After Hooch Tragedy Claims Over 150 Lives
Sona (75) and Sohan Lal (45) who had consumed spurious liquor on the occasion of Maha Shivratri on Monday died on Wednesday night. Two others who had consumed the liquor along with them are being treated in the local hospital.
Representative Image (Reuters).
New Tehri: Two persons have died after consuming spurious liquor at Maroda village in Tehri district. Sona (75) and Sohan Lal (45) who had consumed spurious liquor on the occasion of Maha Shivratri on Monday died on Wednesday night, village head Juppal Singh said.
They complained of a burning sensation in their eyes and had lost their eyesight before dying on Wednesday night, he said. Two others who had consumed the liquor along with them are battling for life at the hospital, he said.
DGP Anil Raturi has sought a report from Tehri SSP on the incident.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications Leak Claims to Reveal All New Features
- BSNL Rs 777 Broadband Plan Gets You 50 Mbps Speed And 500GB Data
- Climate Change Not Asteroid Strike Killed Dinosaurs, Says New Study
- A Pakistani Pop-Singer is Facing Legal Action for Threatening PM Modi with Snakes
- UK Clothing Brand Trolled for Trying to Sell Indian-Style Kurta as 'Vintage Boho Dress'