Stale Food Served in Sealdah-bound Rajdhani Express Leads to Protest; Probe ordered
A section of passengers of 12314 Rajdhani Express first agitated at Asansol station on Tuesday morning as the train was travelling from New Delhi to Sealdah, claiming that they had been served stale food for dinner on Monday night, leading to illness of some people.
Image for representation only.
Kolkata: Passengers of Sealdah-bound 12314 Rajdhani Express on Tuesday complained of stale and cold food served by the pantry staff, Eastern Railway sources said in Kolkata.
A section of passengers of the train first agitated at Asansol station this morning as the train was travelling from New Delhi to Sealdah, claiming that they had been served stale food for dinner on Monday night, leading to illness of some people.
Some of the passengers lodged a written complaint with the Eastern Railway authorities after the train reached Sealdah later in the day, ER spokesperson R N Mohapatra said.
"An enquiry has been ordered into the complaint and action will be taken against the food supplier if the allegation of serving stale and cold food was found to be true," he said.
The passengers claimed that the food served for dinner were stale and that bad smell emanated from some food packets.
Some of the elderly passengers who had consumed the food had complained of stomach upset and vomiting, they claimed.
Recommended For You
- Saif Ali Khan on Taimur Doll: I am Glad People are Benefiting from Him
- Kanpur Wale Khuranas: Ranveer Singh to be Sunil Grover's First Guest on New Show
- India vs Australia: CricViz Analysis - Are India Selecting their Best T20 Team?
- This is What You Can Do to Manage Type 1 Diabetes Nick Jonas is Suffering From
- Jio Effect: BSNL Rs 1699 Prepaid Plan With One Year Validity Now Offers 4.21GB Data Per Day