Stones Hurled at Ambedkar Statue in Greater Noida Village, Probe On
The incident took place around 1 pm outside Sidipur village, under the Jarcha police station limits.
Noida: Some bike-borne men hurled stones on Tuesday at a statue of BR Ambedkar outside a village in Greater Noida, leading to resentment among locals, police said.
The incident took place around 1 pm outside Sidipur village, under the Jarcha police station limits, officials said.
"According to eye witnesses, four to five men, who seemed to be in an inebriated condition, arrived on motorcycles and started hurling stones at the statue of Ambedkar, which was placed on the top of the concrete entry gate to the village. The condition of the statue is fine. No damage was done to it," a police official said.
The suspects, who were likely from nearby Kiyawali village, were being tracked down, the official said, adding that security has been beefed up in the village.
"The law and order situation is normal. We are here as a cautionary measure while the suspects are being tracked down," the official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes