6-Year-Old Raped and Murdered in MP, CCTV Footage Leads Cops to Wedding Crasher
The accused had dumped the dead body of the minor near a hillock.
Gwalior: The Gwalior Police claim to have cracked the rape and murder case of a six-year-old girl who had gone missing from a wedding party on Thursday night.
The accused has been identified as Jitendra Kushwah, an ice candy seller.
Police said Kushwah saw the girl when he gate-crashed the wedding in an inebriated condition for free meals. He then reportedly lured the six-year-old, promising her that he would take her to her brothers.
The minor’s body was recovered from a hillock in Gwalior on Friday morning. CCTV footage from outside the wedding venue showed an unidentified man taking the victim with him. The nearby cart pullers identified Kushwah during the police investigation.
Kushwah was nabbed from his home and police said he had confessed to the crime.
The girl’s family belongs to Bhind district of Madhya Pradesh and had come to Gwalior to attend a wedding.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Sara Ali Khan Gives Fans Yet Another Reason to Adore Her As She Clicks Selfie With Kids at Airport
- Deadpool Star Ryan Reynolds Just Broke Hearts of Marvel Fans Who Begged Him to Save Spider-Man
- Not Just a Dropped Pin: Spacewalking Scientists Add Parking Spot to International Space Station
- Woman Abandoned by Boyfriend on a Road Trip Assumed She was Being Pranked