Students' Union Protests as JNU Professor Atul Johri Gets Clean Chit in Sexual Harassment Cases
JNUSU president N Sai Balaji said the administration has been shielding Professor Atul Johri right from the time the allegations surfaced.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: The Jawaharlal Nehru Students' Union protested Thursday against the clean chit given to professor Atul Johri, accused of sexual harassment, by the varsity's Internal Complaints Committee.
JNUSU president N Sai Balaji said the administration has been shielding Johri right from the time the allegations surfaced.
He said the administration tried to deter the complainants from going ahead against Johri when they first approached them.
The Internal Complaints Committee gave a clean chit to the professor in its report.
Johri was arrested in March on allegations of sexual harassment by eight women students.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Earns Double of Panipat in First Weekend at Box Office
- Steve Harvey Goofed up Costume Winner at Miss Universe 2019 and Internet Had a Déjà Vu Moment
- I-League 2019-20: Srinagar Airport 'Inoperative', Real Kashmir FC's Next 2 Games Cancelled
- Ramya Krishnan on Comparisons Between Queen and Kangana Ranaut's Thalaivi: Our Show will Release First
- 2019 is Ending But the 'Beginners' Memes are Just Starting