Students' Union Protests as JNU Professor Atul Johri Gets Clean Chit in Sexual Harassment Cases
JNUSU president N Sai Balaji said the administration has been shielding Professor Atul Johri right from the time the allegations surfaced.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: The Jawaharlal Nehru Students' Union protested Thursday against the clean chit given to professor Atul Johri, accused of sexual harassment, by the varsity's Internal Complaints Committee.
JNUSU president N Sai Balaji said the administration has been shielding Johri right from the time the allegations surfaced.
He said the administration tried to deter the complainants from going ahead against Johri when they first approached them.
The Internal Complaints Committee gave a clean chit to the professor in its report.
Johri was arrested in March on allegations of sexual harassment by eight women students.
Recommended For You
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Rhea Chakraborty Spotted Together By the Beach, Get Clicked with Fans
- German Woman Tries to Buy Audi Car with 'Monopoly' Money, Gets Busted
- Umpire Kumar Dharmasena Admits 'Error' in Awarding England Six Runs in World Cup Final
- Xiaomi Redmi K20, K20 Pro go on Sale Today: Price, Launch Offers and More
- MS Dhoni Gets Army Permission to Train With Parachute Regiment: Reports