Seats (2018) 59/59 seats
Andhra Pradesh3/3 seats
Himachal Pradesh1/1 seats
Madhya Pradesh5/5 seats
Uttar Pradesh10/10 seats
West Bengal5/5 seats
Total Strength: 245
Suicides by Farmers: SC Seeks Response From Centre, States
The Supreme Court on Friday sought responses from the Centre, state governments, union territories and the RBI to examine the likely reasons behind suicides by farmers.
The Supreme Court of India (Reuters).
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday sought responses from the Centre, state governments, union territories and the RBI to examine the likely reasons behind suicides by farmers.
A bench comprising Chief Justice J S Khehar and Justice N V Ramana asked them to respond within four weeks.
The bench said that it is a "sensitive matter" of larger public interest involving farmers throughout the country.
The court was hearing a plea filed by NGO Citizens Resource and Action and Initiative on issues related to farmers.
Recommended For You
- Afghanistan Beat Ireland to Qualify for ICC World Cup 2019
- Morne Morkel Becomes Fifth South African Bowler to Scale Peak 300
- 3 Navratra Recipes that are Healthy and Sumptuous
- Zaheer Khan, Sagarika Ghatge Reveal Their Untold Moments of Love in This Candid Video
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour S CNG to be Launched at Rs 5.97 Lakh