Suicides by Farmers: SC Seeks Response From Centre, States
The Supreme Court on Friday sought responses from the Centre, state governments, union territories and the RBI to examine the likely reasons behind suicides by farmers.
The Supreme Court of India (Reuters).
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday sought responses from the Centre, state governments, union territories and the RBI to examine the likely reasons behind suicides by farmers.
A bench comprising Chief Justice J S Khehar and Justice N V Ramana asked them to respond within four weeks.
The bench said that it is a "sensitive matter" of larger public interest involving farmers throughout the country.
The court was hearing a plea filed by NGO Citizens Resource and Action and Initiative on issues related to farmers.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Rishi Kapoor Reviews Uri, Calls Vicky Kaushal Film the Best Ever Made in India
- TRAI’s New Rules For Cable & DTH: Everything You Need to Know Ahead of the Feb 1 Deadline
- BJP MLA Sadhna Singh Calling Mayawati 'Worse Than Eunuch' Shows Transphobia is Still Alive in 2019
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Vs Flipkart Republic Day Sale: Discounts on Apple, OnePlus, Smartphones And More
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2019: No cost EMI, Exchange Offers, Instant Discount on Phones, TVs, Laptops And More
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s