Suicides by Farmers: SC Seeks Response From Centre, States
The Supreme Court on Friday sought responses from the Centre, state governments, union territories and the RBI to examine the likely reasons behind suicides by farmers.
File photo of the Supreme Court.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday sought responses from the Centre, state governments, union territories and the RBI to examine the likely reasons behind suicides by farmers.
A bench comprising Chief Justice J S Khehar and Justice N V Ramana asked them to respond within four weeks.
The bench said that it is a "sensitive matter" of larger public interest involving farmers throughout the country.
The court was hearing a plea filed by NGO Citizens Resource and Action and Initiative on issues related to farmers.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Kapil Sharma Asks Fan to 'Fact Check' After Being Called Out for Disrespecting Women
- Nick Jonas Signalling I Love You to Priyanka Chopra is the Gold Standard for Romance
- Nine Nurses Who Went Viral for Being Pregnant at the Same Time Have Now Given Birth
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ Prices Start Rs 69,990: All The Launch Offers
- Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor, Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's Weddings to Have This in Common