Suitcase Stuffed With Chopped Body Parts Washes Ashore on Mumbai beach
Police found a hand detached from shoulder, part of a leg and private parts of a man in a plastic bag inside the suitcase.
Police inspect the suitcase with body parts in Mumbai.
Mumbai: Chopped body parts of an unidentified man have been found stuffed in a suitcase at a beach in Mumbai, a police official said on Tuesday. Some passersby spotted the black suitcase floating on the waters at the Mahim beach near Makhdoom Shah Baba shrine on Monday evening and alerted the police who rushed to the spot and seized the luggage bag, he said.
The police found a hand detached from shoulder, part of a leg and private parts of a man in a plastic bag inside the suitcase, he said. The body parts were sent to the civic-run Sion hospital for an examination, he said.
Teams have been formed along with local fishermen and coastal police to search the remaining body parts in the sea. Footage from CCTV cameras around the area is also being investigated.
Efforts were on to identify the deceased, the official said, adding that the police were scanning missing person complaints in the city and suburbs. A case was registered against unidentified persons under Indian Penal Code Sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence), he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli
- Uber Apologises for Viral Photo of Separate Bathrooms for Employees and Drivers in US Office
- 'Black Friday': Italian Newspaper Sparks Race Row With Front Page Headline on Lukaku, Smalling Clash
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report