Sunny Leone Condom Ad Runs Into Rough Weather in Gujarat
Calling Sunny Leone a porn star, the Hindu Yuva Vahini alleged that the advertisement is crass and hurts religious sentiments of Hindus. The groups has been staging protests against the hoarding.
New Delhi: Hindu groups in Gujarat are up in arms against a hoarding of a condom advertisement in Surat featuring Bollywood actress Sunny Leone on the eve of the festival of Navratri.
The hoarding features a message in Gujarati related to Navratri which has not gone down well with organisations like the Hindu Yuva Vahini.
Calling Leone a porn star, the HYV alleged that the advertisement is crass and hurts religious sentiments of Hindus. The groups has been staging protests against the hoarding.
The protestors also accused Leone for targeting Indian values just to earn money.
The message in Gujarati on the hoarding reads 'Aa Navratri a ramo, parantu premthi' which translates as play but with love this Navratri.
The Confederation of All India Traders has also written a letter to the Minister for Consumer Affairs Ram Vilas Paswan calling the tactic irresponsible and demanding that the hoarding be taken down.
The Traders confederation urged the minister to take immediate cognisance of this advertisement and direct the concerned officials to ban the advertisement and take appropriate action against the manufacturer and its brand ambassador.
Recommended For You
- England vs Australia: Finch Ready to Front-up to 'Ultra Hard' England Riposte
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Have 'Officially' Parted Ways: Report
- ICC World cup 2019 | Arjun Tendulkar Helping England Prepare for Australia Challenge
- Xiaomi's Poco F1 64GB Variant Gets Yet Another Price Cut in India; Now Costs Rs 17,999
- Elon Musk Says 'Occupy Mars' But Uses Picture of the Moon Instead
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s