Supreme Court Adjourns Hearing on Rafale Fighter Jet Deal
Petitioner told the bench that he wants to file some additional documents in the case and therefore the matter should be adjourned.
Rafale fighter jet. (File Photo)
New Delhi, Sep 18 (PTI) The Supreme Court Tuesday adjourned hearing on a PIL seeking a stay on the Rafale fighter jet deal between India and France.
A bench of Justices Ranjan Gogoi, Navin Sinha and K M Joseph adjourned the matter till October 10.
Petitioner advocate M L Sharma told the bench that he wants to file some additional documents in the case and therefore the matter should be adjourned.
"You yourself circulated a letter seeking adjournment on the ground of ill health. Now you are saying that you want to file additional documents. We are simply adjourning the matter to October 10," the bench said.
In his petition, Sharma has alleged discrepancies in the fighter jet deal with France and sought a stay on it
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- 'Superman': Tiger Shroff Deadlifts 200KG With an Ease, Impresses Ishaan Khatter and Fans
- Those Who Said I Didn’t Deserve to Be in Films Have Retired but I’m Still Here, Says John Abraham
- Happy Birthday Daler Mehndi: 5 Dance Hits by the Punjabi Singer for Every Party Playlist
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and Surface Book 2 Firmware Update Causing CPU Issues