Suspected Coronavirus Patient Who Travelled to USA Recently Dies in Kangra
The hospital doctors, staff and those who remained in touch with her have been quarantined as a precautionary measure.
Representational Image. (Image: AP)
Shimla: A 24-year-old woman who recently travelled from the USA and showed possible symptoms of coronavirus died at a private hospital in Himachal Pradesh's Kangra, a senior state health official said on Monday.
Her samples were sent for testing to Tanda's Dr Rajendra Prasad Government Medical College but she died before the arrival of the report, the official said.
The woman had reportedly come from the USA to her permanent residence in Kangra a few days ago, Himachal Deputy Director-cum-State Surveillance Officer, Integrated Disease Surveillance Project (IDSP), Dr Sonam G Negi, said.
Negi said, "It is not yet sure whether she was suffering from COVID-19 or not, but she returned from the country where the virus has already spread.”
The hospital doctors, staff and those who remained in touch with her have been quarantined as a precautionary measure, he added.
She was admitted to the private hospital about two days ago with possible symptoms of COVID-19, he added.
Negi said, ''We are awaiting her report. After that it will be confirmed whether she was suffering from COVID-19 or not."
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Jaipur Police Has a Unique Punishment for Those Violating Lockdown: Masakali 2.0 on Loop
- Here's What KL Rahul Has to Say About Athiya Shetty's Latest Pics
- PUBG Mobile Season 13 Royale Pass Leaks: Toy Playground Theme, Rewards, Launch Date and More
- Spot the Pug: Twitter User's Pet Photo Leaves Netizens Curious
- Zoom Alternatives: Best Video Calling Apps That Don't Sacrifice Your Data and Privacy