Suspected Drug Peddler Dies in Police Custody in Jammu
Ikhlaq Ahmad Khan, a resident of Kotli village in Rajouri, was taken to a hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, police said.
Jammu: A 32-year-old suspected drug peddler died in police custody here shortly after his arrest, a police officer said on Sunday.
Ikhlaq Ahmad Khan, a resident of Kotli village in Rajouri, was arrested from Janipur area on Saturday and complained of uneasiness while he was being taken to Miran Sahib Police Station for questioning, the police said.
He was taken to a hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, they added.
Magisterial and departmental inquiries have been initiated into the incident, the officer said, adding that Khan's post-mortem is being conducted to ascertain the cause of his death.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Neha Kakkar Gets Emotional After Hearing Indian Idol Contestant's Story
- Ranveer Singh Gets Cheeky with Deepika Padukone on Social Media
- Only 4 Teams Turn Up as Goa Football Association Conducts Players Draft for Indian Women's League Qualifiers
- Xiaomi Redmi Note Smartphone Series Crosses 100 Million Shipment Milestone
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works