Suspected Militants Lob Grenade Outside Manipur Assembly in Imphal, Two CRPF Jawans Injured
The two jawan, G C Raba and Yadav Munna, who suffered splinter injuries on their legs, were rushed to the Regional Institute of Medical Sciences for treatment.
Visual from the site of attack in Imphal
New Delhi: At least two CRPF personnel were injured after suspected militants hurled hand grenade in front of Manipur Assembly in Imphal on Friday. The two jawans, G C Raba and Yadav Munna, were on patrolling duty when unidentified men attacked.
The jawans suffered splinter injuries on their legs and were rushed to the Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) Hospital for treatment. The doctors attending them said that they are out of danger.
The CRPF personnel were on patrolling duty near the Assembly building at Thangmeiban Lilasing Khongnangkhong area when the suspected militants hurled bombs on them at around 5.20 pm.
An intensive search operation was launched to catch the culprits.
More details are awaited.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: When I Met Rashami She Was On Road With No Money, Says Arhaan Khan
- Sanjay Kapoor Shares Throwback Picture on His 21st Wedding Anniversary with Maheep
- Sania Mirza's Sister Anam Feels Grateful, Shares Snaps of Her Bridal Shower on Social Media
- 2019 is Ending But the 'Beginners' Memes are Just Starting
- 'A Huge Day' - Pakistan Welcome Sri Lanka for First Test Tour Since 2009 Terror Attack