Suspecting Wife of Having Extra-marital Affair, Drunk Man Beats Her to Death; Attacks Children Too
The accused also went on to beat his six-year-old daughter and three-year-old son with sticks but the children were saved by the deceased's younger brother and his wife.
Jaipur: A 25-year-old married woman was allegedly beaten to death by her husband who suspected her of having an extra-marital affair in Rajasthan's Dausa district, police said.
The incident occurred on Saturday night when Kaluram Meena (30) beat his wife Kishmi Devi (25) mercilessly under the influence of liquor, Manpur Circle Officer Himmat Charan said.
The accused also went on to beat his six-year-old daughter and three-year-old son with sticks but the children were saved by Meena's younger brother and his wife, the CO said.
The accused suspected that his wife had an extra-marital affair. He thrashed his wife badly leaving her dead. He also attacked his children and attempted to kill them in a fit of rage, the police officer said adding that the accused has been arrested. The woman's body was handed over to family members after post-mortem on Sunday, the CO added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2019-20: Mumbai City FC Become 1st Team to do League Double Over Bengaluru FC
- Cat Fight: UK Couple Wins Rs 18 Lakh Court Case to Stop Neighbour from Feeding Pet Feline
- Kartik Aaryan Birthday Gift to Mother is a Swanky Mini Cooper Car Ahead of Love Aaj Kal Release
- Apple Acquires Xnor.ai, an Edge-based AI Startup, for $200 Million
- 13-Year-Old's Emotional Speech about Father Who Died in Iran Plane Crash Will Break Your Heart