Sweden: Vehicles in President Mukherjee's convoy collide, 1 injured
The protocol officer who sustained minor injuries was discharged from hospital after first aid.
President Pranab Mukherjee and Swedish Crown Princess Victoria look on during a visit to Uppsala University, in Uppsala north of Stockholm. (Reuters)
Stockholm: Four vehicles in President Pranab Mukherjee's convoy collided while moving from Stockholm to Uppsala University on Tuesday, leaving one protocol officer with minor injuries.
The last four cars in the cavalcade ferrying security, protocol and a cameraman collided when the one moving in the front suddenly developed some problem, an official said.
The President drove to Uppsala University where he spoke on "Tagore and Gandhi: Do they have Contemporary Relevance for Global Peace?", while the occupants of the vehicles involved in the mishap were rushed to a nearby hospital.
The protocol officer who sustained minor injuries was discharged after first aid. All of them joined the delegation of the President who left for Belarus at the end of his three-day visit to Sweden.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide