Tamil Nadu Man Attacks Doctors after Father Dies, Triggers Protest
Selvam allegedly went on the rampage and broke the glass panes and window screens at the hospital after his father died late Saturday night, police said.
Image for representation. (Photo: Reuters)
Tiruvarur: A doctor and house surgeons at Government Tiruvarur Medical College were allegedly attacked by a man after his father, hospitalised for chest pain, died without responding to treatment, police said Sunday.
This sparked off a demonstration by the doctors and house surgeons demanding action against Tamarai Selvam for the alleged attack, they said.
Selvam allegedly went on the rampage and broke the glass panes and window screens at the hospital after his father died late Saturday night, they said.
Cases have been registered against Selvam under four IPC sections including criminal intimidation and murderous attack.
The doctors who had gathered in front of the hospital demanded police protection and action against Selvam.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Meet Dipesh, 18-Year-Old Dancer from Bengal Who's Trying to Put India on World Ballet Map
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy
- HS Prannoy Trumps Lin Dan to Enter Round 3 of World Badminton Championships
- Nine Nurses Who Went Viral for Being Pregnant at the Same Time Have Now Given Birth
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ Prices Start Rs 69,990: All The Launch Offers