Tamil Nadu Medical College Student Commits Suicide by Injecting Poison
Uthayaraj, an MD Anaesthesia student, hailing from Vriddachalam, was found dead with a syringe and vial strewn around in his rented house on Friday morning.
Representative image. (Photo courtesy: AFP Relaxnews/ JurgaR/ Istock.com)
Madurai: A 29-year-old postgraduate student of the government medical collegehere committed suicide by injecting poison over alleged work pressure, police said here on Friday.
Uthayaraj, an MD Anaesthesia student, hailing from Vriddachalam, was found dead with a syringe and vial strewn around in his rented house on Friday morning, they said.
As he did not come out of his room for a long time after returning home from duty on Thursday night, the house owner got suspicious and informed the police, who broke open the door.
In a note purportedly written by him, Uthayaraj said he was taking the extreme step owing to work pressure, they said. Further investigations were on, the police added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Zareen Khan Recounts Casting Couch Horror, Says Director Asked Her to 'Rehearse Kissing Scene'
- Priyanka Chopra Admits Having a Baby With Nick Jonas is on Her 'To-Do-List'
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Woman Wakes up to Find She Swallowed 2.4-Carat Diamond Ring in Sleep in US
- Nikon Z6 Review: A Strong Statement that Ably Rivals the Sony a7 III