Tamil Nadu Woman Kills Children, Self After Being Diagnosed with Cancer
The incident happened at Vadamattam village near Mayiladuthurai in Nagapattinam district. The woman had left a note purportedly written by her saying she took the extreme step after being diagnosed with cancer a few days ago.
Nagapattinam: A 27-year-old woman allegedly poisoned her two children to death and then herself on Monday after learning that she was affected by cancer, police said.
The incident happened at Vadamattam village near Mayiladuthurai in Nagapattinam district. The woman had left a note purportedly written by her saying she took the extreme step after being diagnosed with cancer a few days ago, the police said.
The woman felt there won't be anyone to look after the children after her death, and so chose to kill them and herself, they said.
She and her children had come to the village from Dubai where her husband worked, they said.
She had come to India with her two children, aged four and two, to participate in a family function, they said.
This morning, the woman did not come out of her house and her relatives residing nearby broke in only to find the three dead, they said.
On being informed, police arrived at the scene, sent the bodies for a post-mortem and began investigations.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ragnarok Director Taika Waititi Finally Reveals Who's the Real Star of Thor Love and Thunder
- This is My Father's Money, Says KBC 11 Crorepati Sanoj Raj
- 2020 Women's U-17 FIFA World Cup to be Held in India from November 2-21
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser