Tanzanian National Held with Rs 30 Lakh Drugs at Mumbai Airport
Salum Mwesa Ali was to travel to Johannesburg via Abu Dhabi when he was apprehended. A total of 19.3 kg pseudoephedrine drug was recovered from the bag of the passenger who had a Tanzanian passport.
Mumbai: A Tanzanian national was on Sunday apprehended by the CISF at the airport here for allegedly carrying narcotics worth Rs 30 lakh, a senior official said.
Salum Mwesa Ali was to travel to Johannesburg via Abu Dhabi when he was apprehended, the official said.
A total of 19.3 kg pseudoephedrine drug was recovered from the bag of the passenger who had a Tanzanian passport, he said.
The contraband worth Rs 30 lakh and the man have been handed over to anti-narcotics officials for further probe, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Horrifying Video Shows Snake Latching onto Man's Head After He Taunts It
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year