Tata Sons Ends Suhel Seth's Contract as Consultant in Wake of #MeToo Allegations
Over the past many days, several women have alleged Seth, a well-known marketing consultant, of having sexually assaulted them in the past.
New Delhi: Tata Sons, taking note of public criticism, on Monday terminated the services of Suhel Seth as consultant with the group after he was accused of sexual harassment by several women.
"Counselage’s (Suhel Seth) contract with Tata Sons will end on November 30, 2018," said a Tata Sons spokesperson.
Ever since the controversy broke, several individuals have been tagging the Tata group and its chairman Ratan Tata, urging them to take a stand on complaints against Seth and review their ties with him.
Earlier, a spokesperson for the group said they were looking into the charges of sexual misconduct that have been made against Seth in the wake of 'MeToo' movement.
It began with the account of a filmmaker and creative producer who accused Seth on Twitter of taking her home by deceit and forcing himself on her.
Since then, several media persons have also recounted their experiences of sexual assault involving Seth. These include journalist Mandakini Gahlot, writer Ira Trivedi, and most recently, model Diandra Soares.
Seth has been unusually quiet since the allegations surfaced.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro and K20 India Launch: Price, Availability, Features, and More
- Priyanka Chopra Posts Special Note to 'J Sister' Sophie Turner After Emmy Nomination
- BS-VI Fuel Available at Same Cost as Regular Fuel in Delhi, Prices set to Increase in April 2020
- Concussion Substitutes Likely Make International Debut in Ashes: Report
- World Emoji Day: There are New Differently Abled, Food, Animal and Saree Emojis Coming to Your iPhone