TDP Files Complaint with EC Over Shifting of EVMs in Andhra Pradesh's Nuzvid
Election Commission, however, said the equipment that have been shifted were either not used on the election day or defective.
Machilipatnam: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) candidate for the Nuzvid Assembly seat M Venkateswara Rao on Sunday lodged a complaint with the Election Commission, saying polling equipment have been shifted from strong room without any intimation.
He said the equipment were from the Nuzvid Assembly segment and were stored in the strong room at Machilipatnam Krishna University campus after polling was held on April 11.
Election authorities, however, said the equipment that have been shifted were either not used on the election day or defective. "114 VVPATs, 104 ballot units and 102 control units that were unused in the election or defective have been shifted from the Krishna University campus to the EVM godown," Returning Officer Swapnil P Dinakar told PTI.
He added that the unused equipment were stored in a separate room and not along with those used for polling. "We have not touched the sealed strong rooms," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Zareen Khan Recounts Casting Couch Horror, Says Director Asked Her to 'Rehearse Kissing Scene'
- Want a 1Gbps Broadband Connection For Your Home? That Will be Rs 1,549 Onwards
- Sunil Grover Finally Breaks Silence on The Kapil Sharma Show Comeback Rumours
- Priyanka Chopra Admits Having a Baby With Nick Jonas is on Her 'To-Do-List'
- Here is How Much The Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro And iPhone 11 Pro Max Will Cost