Teacher Gets 3 Years in Jail for Sexually Assaulting Student
The teacher threatened to beat the student if she told anybody about this, the girl said.
Representative Image. (Reuters)
Mumbai: A court here on Friday sentenced a tuition teacher to three years' imprisonment for sexually assaulting a ten-year-old student.
Pradeep Singh (30) was found guilty under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
The victim, a Class 5 student, attended Singh's tuitions.
In January 2015, the girl told her mother that Singh made her sit close to him and touched her inappropriately.
He threatened to beat her if she told anybody about this, the girl said.
Police arrested Singh after the girl's mother lodged a complaint.
Apart from POCSO provisions, special judge S J Gharat also convicted Singh under IPC section 506 (criminal intimidation), said prosecutor Vinod More
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rats Can Now Be Trained to Play Hide and Seek With Humans. We're Not Kidding.
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- Liam Hemsworth Came to Know of Miley Cyrus' Decision to Split from Social Media
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next Film on PM Modi's Youth; Akshay Kumar Unveils First Look
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma