Teacher on Poll Duty in Maharashtra's Gadchiroli Faints, Dies
Bapu Pandu Gavade, who was heading to the voting booth with a polling party from Dehari base camp, fainted mid-way in the morning near Pursalgondi village.
Image for representation.
Gadchiroli (Maha): A 45-year-old teacher posted on election duty in Maharashtra's Gadchiroli district died in hospital after fainting while walking towards the voting booth on Monday morning, an official said.
Bapu Pandu Gavade, who was heading to the voting booth with a polling party from Dehari base camp, fainted mid-way in the morning near Pursalgondi village of Gadchiroli's Etapalli area, he said.
"He used to get epileptic fits. He suffered head injuries after he fainted. He was taken to Etapalli hospital first and then to a bigger facility at Chandrapur. Gavade, however, died during treatment," the official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas Poses Without a Shoe for Photo with Family in Delhi, See Pic
- Avantika Malik Shares Cryptic Post, Talks About 'Ideal Love'
- Jasmin Bhasin to Co-star with Nia Sharma in Ekta Kapoor's Naagin 4, Here's Her First Look
- IQAir Health Pro 250 Review: Can You Really Put a Price on Clean Air at Home?
- Move Over Chrome, Brave May Just be The Coolest Privacy Focused Browser You Need