Technical Glitch Forces AirAsia Flight to Make Priority Landing at Chennai Airport
The flight carrying 114 passengers landed safely nine minutes ahead of its scheduled arrival.
Chennai: A city-bound AirAsia India flight carrying 114 passengers from Delhi made a priority landing here on Thursday due to a hydraulic issue, an airport source said.
The flight landed safely nine minutes ahead of its scheduled arrival, he said.
A statement on the incident from AirAsia India was awaited.
"Local stand-by was declared for AirAsia India flight operating on Delhi-Chennai route on Thursday morning. The pilot in command sought priority landing from Chennai ATC due to some issue in the aircraft's hydraulic system. The flight landed safely at 8.01 am," the source said.
In local stand-by, all aerodrome emergency services are brought to a state of readiness and local emergency services are notified but remain at their respective bases on stand-by.
There were 114 passengers on board the flight, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kapil Sharma Receives Money from Ajay Devgn for Promoting Tanhaji
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 75 Written Updates: Salman Khan Evicts Hindustani Bhau on Weekend Ka Vaar
- PhonePe Clocks 5 Billion Transactions And Registers 5X Growth in The Past Year
- Man Orders iPhone 11 Pro Worth Rs 93,000 from Flipkart, Receives Fake Phone Instead
- Not Jewellery or Recipe, this Michigan Family’s Heirloom is a 141-year-old Fruitcake