Teen Girl Who was Offered Job and Kidnapped in West Bengal Rescued from Navi Mumbai
The victim was brought from 24 Parganas area of West Bengal on June 9 by two persons after being promised a job, following which her family members filed a kidnapping case in Nazath police station there, a police official said.
Image for representation. (News18 Creatives)
Thane: A teenage girl kidnapped from West Bengal earlier this month was on Saturday rescued from Navi Mumbai, an official said.
The victim was brought from 24 Parganas area of West Bengal on June 9 by two persons after being promised a job, following which her family members filed a kidnapping case in Nazath police station there, Navi Mumbai Crime Branch Inspector Arjun Garad said.
"We got a tip-off from Shakti Vahini (a group fighting human trafficking) in New Delhi about the victim being present in Baman Dongri locality of Navi Mumbai," he said.
A team raided the place and rescued the 15 year-old girl Saturday morning, he said.
"Habibmulla Anchar Mulla (28), one of the persons who brought her here on June 11, has been detained. The hunt for the other person, identified as Ashraf Shoeb Mulla, is on," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lady Gaga Falls Off Stage With Fan During Concert in Las Vegas, See Video
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Amitabh Bachchan Was Never Hospitalised, Say Kaun Banega Crorepati Sources
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL Opening Ceremony
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right