Teenager Lynched by His Uncles, Cousin in UP for Objecting to Planting Saplings on Road
Basant Lal, a class Xth student, had suffered serious head injuries in the assault two days ago and was referred to Varanasi Trauma Centre where he died on Wednesday.
Bhadohi (UP): A 15-year-old boy was beaten to death by his three uncles and a cousin for objecting to their planting saplings on a public pathway in Amilhara village here, police said on Wednesday.
Basant Lal, a class Xth student, had suffered serious head injuries in the assault two days ago and was referred to Varanasi Trauma Centre where he died on Wednesday, SHO Vijay Pratap Singh said.
A case has been registered against the four accused and raids are being carried out to nab them, the Station House Officer said.
The accused have fled the village after locking their house when they came to know about the death, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Maneka Gandhi Sends Help Within an Hour After Journalist Tweets Image of Injured Monkey
- Once Abandoned Dog is Now Assisting Railway Force Personnel to Warn Commuters Against Footboard Traveling
- Not Thinking About Revenge against Oman in FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Sunil Chhetri
- Gal Gadot, Ben Affleck Petition for Release of Snyder Cut Version of Justice League
- Australia's Emily Smith Suspended for Posting Team News on Instagram